Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The latest and greatest- Baby Gear

I've been wanting to post about this, but I've been waiting to take pictures. Well, I've just decided to post anyway, and steal som pictures from the internet. Recently we've spent some big bucks on baby gear and starting using some other baby gear. Here's my review of the items:

1. The Maclaren Volvo Stroller in Chocolate Brown. I LOVE it. It is super lightweight- only 8 lbs. It's very easy to fold and you can steer it with one hand. My only complaint is that it doesn't recline. They do have a version that reclines but it is double the price. We decided between this Volvo and the Chicco Capri stroller. The Chicco is a little less money than the volvo and it reclines, but at its best reclining position (it's recline is done by zippering) it is about equal to the regular position of the Volvo, so that isn't really even an issue. What made me decide on the Volvo was the ease of folding, the light weight (the Chicco weighs 3 more pounds), and the sunshade. The sunshade on the volvo is substantially better than that of the Chicco and in Middle Georgia, that matters! So far, I've been using this stroller everywhere and I love it!


2. Summer Infant Baby Video Monitor. This was our biggest splurge. But, oh so helpful for the screaming in the crib phase that David is in. Recenlty we have been having problems with him sticking his legs and arms down the crib through the bars and getting stuck. Well, we have no way to tell if this is the case because he screams no matter what. And, if we keep going on there checking on him it just makes the screaming worse. Now we can watch him and make sure he isn't getting stuck without going in there and disturbing him. The best part about it is, we can go in our room and turn off the volume and just watch him scream and not have to hear it.


3. The Britax Roundabout Car Seat. This carseat is just great. David seems to be uber comfortable in it and it is very easy to adjust the straps. My favorite thing about the seat is that it has little velcro panels on the side that the straps stick to when he is getting out and in. That doesn't sound like a big deal, but believe me it helps a lot! This is the smaller version of the regular Britax seat. I opted for it because the other Britax's looked so big. Now, I'm finding out that it only holds up to 40 pounds, so I'll probably have to buy another seat after he grows out of this one. Oh well, I'm going to enjoy this one while he fits in it, because it's great.


4. The Ring Sling- I got this sling from another Mama that we used to go to church with in Atlanta. It is SO adorable. I actually haven't tried t out yet, but I am going to tonight. I'm sure it's going to be great. Her website is: www.simplyplainjane.com. She also has a blog with instructions at: http://simplyplainjane.blogspot.com/. This is the picture of the exact sling I got, and it's even cuter in person. Oh, and this is her son- I haven't taken any pics yet.


Did I mention all of our money is spent on David (or bills)? Yeah for the tax stimulus money- we are doing our part to help the economy, haha.

3 comments:

Charissa said...

Please let me know if this sling works...I'm working on registering!

The Slagleys said...

Hey Amy- I thought after you left a sweet comment on my blog that I would check yours out! I loved reading about your baby gear- we have the roundabout and i love it! Even though it only goes to 40 lbs, all of my friends that have it told me their kids went straight to a booster, so hopefully we won't need another one! Maybe we will stimulate the economy and purchase some new fun baby gear too- that monitor looks cool!

jane said...

so fun to see my sling pic on your blog! i hope you are loving it as much as i love using them... i just wonder what people do without one?