Thursday, May 1, 2008

A little thing that got to me in a big way

Yesterday I picked David up from school because Zach teaches his SAT class on Wednesdays. When you go in the room, there is a small tiled area right in the entrance and then the rest of the room is carpet. You are not allowed to walk on the carpet unless you put on these bootie things. So usually, you stand in the tile and wait for the day care worker to bring your baby to you.

Well, this time I went in and David was all the way in the back left hand corner of the room. I started to wait, and then he saw me and started crawling to me! I leaned down and started calling him and he crawled to me with a huge grin and panting the whole way. He passed many toys on his journey to me. This is the first time he has crawled to me that far of a distance and didn't get distracted by toys. At home, he will start to crawl to me than stop at whatever toy comes his way.

I have to say, the feeling of him just crawling to me with a big grin was something else. I can't describe it. It really made me feel special! I hope that this is a moment that I don't forget.

The picture here isn't from school but I figured I'd throw in a pic or two.

No comments: