Have you seen those bottles by 'Born Free' that cost $10 a piece? Apparently, they do not contain BPA- a harmfull chemical in plastic. So, this made me curious about how bad my cheap $2.99 for a 3-pack bottles are that I use. I used the Gerber 'clear view' that you buy at Target. They are quite literally the cheapest ones out they, but hey, my little one still gobbles down the milk. So, I found this helpful blog online:
http://zrecs.blogspot.com/2008/02/z-report-on-bpa-in-infant-care-products.html
I found out that my cheapo bottles are actually BPA free! In fact, you don't have to break the wallet to get safe bottles. Better yet, you know the fairly expensive, yet very popular Avent bottles everyone uses? Those are not BPA free. I couldn't believe that my cheap ones were and those weren't.
So, for my sippy cups I am now going to use this as a purchasing guide. It seems that Nuby by Luv n Care are the most popular sippy's but based on this list its hard to tell which are and aren't BPA free. I emailed the company and they actually send me an excel file with pictures to use as a guide. This is the lady I emailed if you are interested: Brandi Taylor [brandit@luvncare.com]
1 comment:
Man, bring on the el-cheapo bottles! I will have to pick up some of those- I was worried I was going to have to use glass bottles-what a pain that would have been!
Post a Comment