This weekend I went to a consignment sale in Perry, and it was great. I got so many good things for so CHEAP!! It was like tons of garage sales all in one location with all kids stuff- nice! Mostly I just got clothes. I did get a bob the builder pop up tent for David for $2.50. He loves it. It's kind of flimsy and falls over when he crawls in or out (we hold it up), but man he played with that thing all day yesterday. I am vowing never again to buy new kids clothes or baby items. I found out about this consignment sale from a lady at church. Apparently there is another huge one put on by Macon MOPS that I missed. I will be hitting it up in the spring to get hot weather clothes. This one only had cold weather clothes. Apparently they are held every fall and spring. Now that I am 'in the know' I'm going to utilize these sales. Some of the clothes they had were very worn out and not worth it, but some were not. I even when on the last day- half priced day. The already cheap prices were cut in half. I'm sure all of the expensive brands, and really cute stuff was gone, but I just needed play clothes for day care.
I've never been a huge shopper, but I liked this!! I hate the mall and their exuberant prices. I wish I could find an aldult consignment sale. My purse is broken right now, the zipper broke, and its just plain worn out. I need another one, but I can't find one I liked. I went to Target and all their purses were so 'trendy'. They were cute, but the type that you buy to go with a specific oufit. And, well, I use the same purse everyday, so these were not the purses for me. I'm not sure where I will look next. Kohls? We'll see.
3 comments:
Come to Charlotte and we will go all over and find good deals and good purses! If there is a Ross near I say try there, also pretty good prices on new kids clothes when needed. Here in Charlotte there are several kid's consignment and adult consignment stores! So next time you come we'll hit them up!
Have you ever been to a Plato's Closet? I looked it up and they have one in Macon...but each one is different and I can't vouch for that location. Anyway, I just found a cute purse there 2nd hand!
Amy, you forgot to mention the awesome jogging stroller you got at half-price day for $20 (new cost = $350!!)
That was the big bargain!
Post a Comment