David is officially no longer crawling. He has made that transition to using walking as his primary mode of locomation. He can even stand up on his own without grabbing onto everything. One of his favorite things to do at home is to just walk in circles. He often disappears and we have to go chasing after him.
David still does not listen to the word 'no'. He doesn't really respond. We are going to have to work on that.
David loves music. He has a play table that plays music and he will make the music play and then make squats to the rythm. (bouncing up and down while smiling and shreeking). He does this with any toy that plays music. If he gets really excited he will bounce up and down, smile, shreek, and stomp his legs with glee. Now that is fun to watch!
I don't know if I ever posted about this, but we are making weekly visits to the speech pathologist to assist in David's eating. (since he was losing weight). She says he has two things going on: 1- He simply doesn't like certain textures (that's why he spits out so many foods) 2- He has weak mouth muscles (she could tell by how he drank- when he pulls the cup away from his mouth instead of closing his mouth he leaves it open and milk spills out- I just thought this was normal). In fact, when they were evaluating him she asked me 'by any chance did he take a long time to nurse?' YES! He took forever! 1 hour- 30 minutes on each side- every time. 1 hour eating- 2 hours break- 24 hours a day. This was because he didn't have powerful enough suckling muscles. There are excersices that you can do for this. Ones that I could have done and didn't even know it. I was convinced that with baby #2 I would not breastfeed, but in light of this new information I think I might try breast feeding again. Maybe the next baby will be more efficient at sucking. Anyhow, we are now doing these mouth excersizes with David and grinding his food in a baby food mill. He has already improved leaps and bounds with his feeding.
1 comment:
Im glad you are getting it worked out with the speech pathologist!
And my girls laugh at the word "no". Why is that a funny word? Ive never used it in any kind of humorous sense!
Post a Comment