Thursday, September 11, 2008
Where were you?
I think 9/11 is one of those days we will all remember where we were and what we were doing. I was a freshman at Georgia Tech. I was in the dining hall on east campus- Brittian- with some fellow Phi Mu's chowing down on some so-so food when we heard a guy on a cell phone freaking out. We didn't know what it was. Afterwards, we went to one of our dorms (not mine but I can't remember who) and we watched the TV- we watched with shock and appall at what was going on. I called my dad. I knew he was traveling that day. In fact, he was in a plane when I called him that had been grounded and he didn't even know why. Surprisingly, after all this I went to class. Yes, GT was still holding class. Later I found out most campuses shut down- but not GT- they are all about their academics. After class I came back and somehow word had gotten out that it would be best to leave the city. (at this point I think GT had stopped classes) So, me and some of my friends packed up some stuff, and since I didn't have a car on campus as a freshman, one of my other friends who did drove us up to Gwinnett (I can't remember who drove- was it my roomate? a sorority sister?). Some of the details are vague, but I can remember what I was wearing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey! I remember hearing something about a plane crash when I was in class that morning, then I went to lunch with a CCF leader. I don't think I had a cell phone then, because when I got to my dorm my mom was very worried. I also remember us being worried that Atlanta had such a big airport (for terrorist target) but I think I stayed on campus. I got a cell phone soon after!
Cute photos of David and the GT game! You look so good!
Post a Comment