Thursday, August 28, 2008

Double ear infection

I took David to the 'after hours' at our NEW pediatrician that is GREAT, and sure enough he has a double ear infection. I knew something wasn't right. He has been fussy ALL week and not sleeping well and today running a fever (102.2). This is his first ear infection.

I forgot to tell about David's 1 year check up. He is in the 29% for weight (21.6 lb) and 42% for height (I can't remember). We saw the new doctor- Dr. Waters. She is in a brand new practice right near us. The building is so clean and she is great. Did I mention she also goes to our church? She recommended that we send David to a speech pathologist for his eating issues (he has lost 1 lb in the past 2 weeks). His issues recap: he will only swallow smooth food, anything chunky he chew then spits out. At Sonny's BBQ the other week, he ravenously 'ate' chicken. (take a piece, chew it, spit it out, over and over again). David actually has an appointment tomorrow morning with the speech pathologist, so we'll see how that goes. I have packed his favorite foods (soy cheese and diced fruit pieces- really the only food he'll actually eat) and some other food that he chews and spits (little chicken pieces and green beans). I'm just need it to be the weekend. It's been a hard exhausting week with traveling a lot and a sick baby with lots of appointments and my class and being sick myself all week. Also, tonight Zach's at the 1st Tech game so I'm going at it alone tonight. I forgot to mention that David is now solely on the sippy cup and soy milk- yeah! Although it's funny because David now calls the sippy cup 'Ba ba'. He even asks for it when he is thirsty/hungry.

1 comment:

jane said...

i am just learning about a posterior tongue-tie... it is associated with reflux and can sometimes make it difficult for babies/people to swallow different textured food... you might want to see if that's what's behind david's eating issues. i think a pediatric ent is the specialist who would know the most... or an oral surgeon.