Thursday, August 14, 2008

Poll for New Mommies

Lately, as I've been seeing people's baby birth stories and reading blogs I've been hearing about the 'push present'. I've heard of people getting presents at their child's birth, but I didn't know it had a 'name'. So, I am wondering- How common is this? How many of you got a present after giving birth? What did you get? I have to admit, I didn't get one when David was born, but I would have liked it, though I think it would be silly to get upset over.

4 comments:

Charissa said...

I haven't delivered yet, but i can see how it would nice to get a present. I'll let you know if I get one.

Anonymous said...

This is on a different, but related, topic. I thought you might like this. A woman in Chicago whose blog I like featured this and said it had worked for a ton of people she knew, but you have to know your conception date, or it won't work. It's this Chinese lunar gender prediction calendar they found in a royal tomb 700 years ago. I know you like gender predicting things, and I think they are interesting.

http://www.thelaboroflove.com/chart/pred.html

LB said...

I did not get a push present, but they did a whole story on push presents on The Today Show.

Rachel said...

No push present for me... unless you count little Wyatt!