Thursday, August 28, 2008
Day Care
I've been touring some other day care centers as we are considering switching because David's current DC is about $100 more a month than all the other ones around here. I'm beginning to realize why. His day care is so much more clean, organized, and systematic than all of these other ones I am looking at. His also has nice, new toys and the playground has mesh matting. In general, his current DC facility is just so much nicer and better maintaned than all the other ones I'm looking at. I am beginning to appreciate how nice his center is! There was one center in town called 'Jacob's Latter' that uses the Abeca Christian teaching program that I was very interested in. The have the kids pray before meals and teach them. (david's center is not a 'teaching' center- they don't do any type of curriculum). However, upon visiting the center I was very turned off. The rooms were baren, not much of anything on the walls- no colorful pictures, etc.. David's room has artwork and all kinds of things neat in it. There were barely any toys at Jacob's latter and the ones they did have were very old. Everything looked very old and run down. What do the kids do all day? The room was an almost empty all grey room. No mats on the floors, nothing. The conclusion to all of this is, that for now, we are keeping David where he is at and spending the extra $$. It might be worth it to switch him when he is older so that he can have a learning program, but we'll reconsider later. I am now, more than ever, happy with his day care and when they are anal and do things that annoy me I will have to keep it in perspective.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment