This was actually last weekend- I am behind on my posting. David's actual birthday was last Sunday, August 17th. We celebrated all weekend! Saturday night we had a pool party for D at our neighborhood pool. We had several people from Zach's work, a few from church, and even visitors from Atlanta (thanks Emily and Melissa, Mimi and Aunt Lindsey!!). It was a fun time! The party went Oh so smoothly except for the cake. I worked so hard to bake this egg free, milk free cake. It took me 4 attempts. Well, we lit the light and started singing to David and all of a sudden, he took the palm of his hand and smacked it on the candle, extinguishing the flame and getting hot wax on his hand. He was not a happy camper and wanted NOTHING to do with that cake. Even the next day we tried to give him the cake at home and he started crying the minute he saw it! I wonder if he'll forever avoid blue cakes. David got SO many presents! It's wonderful! I did put about half of them in the closet for later, and some of the ones I bought I'm going to save until Christmas.
Zach and I feel so blessed that God gave us David and he has been such a joy this past year. Though it has been challenging, we wouldn't change it for the world. I am so thankful that David is healthy and normal, and now that he can respond to us it is so much fun.
















1 comment:
aww! Happy birthday david! Can u believe how fast it goes? I'm having to start thinking of the girls birthday in about a month!
That's terrible/kinda funny about the cake though! Poor guy!
Post a Comment