Thursday, January 29, 2009

Sweetie Pie broke my nose

David is a sweetie. I was taking my shower tonight, yes I take night showers, and he was in the room and he walked up to the shower with my pajama pants saying 'mama mama pa'. Then, he proceeded to find and bring me matching shoes saying 'shoes mama shoes'. He dropped them all at the floor in front of the shower.

We did have a mishap last night and I think he broke my nose. He was sitting on my tummy playing horsie when all of a sudden, he came striking down and hit my nose w/ his head at full speed. My nose has never hurt like that before. I iced it all night. My eye turned half black. And, even today my nose still hurts.

I met my new boss today and I'm finally done with orientation. They told me what I'm going to be doing- working with bearings. Everything and anything to do with bearings; I'm going to be the lead engineer on bearings. I didn't even know what a bearing was, haha, I had to ask Zach after work today. Nice, right? I am so not a mechanical engineer and yet I find myself in this very mechanical job (my title is mechanical engineer so I guess I shouldn't be surprised). Though, I'm not too worried about it because the person doing it before me was an agricultural engineer from UGA- he said he knew nothing about it either when he started. I suppose I'll learn and bs my way through all of it. Hopefully they won't find out how terribly uninterested and unknowledgable I am in mechanical parts. On the plus side, I think my boss is going to be good. He is younger and seems to be very on top of everything. He is less personable than my old boss. We'll see with time how good of a boss he is. Oh, and I don't get my computer for a whole week, so this week I get to read manuals all day. Fun. One more thing, a lot of the higher up supervisors I met were women. The very head of the department is a she. The gov't loves to advance the females. So, if I ever decide to stay, I am properly equipped for good advancement potential.

1 comment:

sweatybride said...

yikes amy, how is your nose? that is too sad/funny. you guys are never going to let him live that one down when he's older!