I started my new job today. I have a 1.5 week general orientation before I even meet my boss or go to my cube. Today, we took our 'Oath of Office'. I thought it was ironic I was doing it the same day as Obama (though mine was as mechanical engineer not president), and unfortunate that I didn't get to see the inauguration. So, sadly, at my new job I can not check personal email or go to any blog sites- they have them all blocked- big time bummer! I used to do all my blogging and personal emailing at work.
I'll tell you one thing I am NOT missing- my Blackberry from my old job. I couldn't stand that thing. The blackberry could get calls and emails, so my boss felt like whenever he emailed me I should respond PRONTO (or really he wanted me to respond to anyone who contacted me within seconds). Throughout the day I kept going to my purse to check my blackberry, then I realized I didn't have it, and I got a sudden burst of joy.
No comments:
Post a Comment