Friday, July 18, 2008

11- Month Birthday

Yesterday marked David's 11-month birthday. David has made some big developments in the past couple of weeks. First off, he can clap now! Yeah! Additionally, he has turned into quite the chatter box. His first word was 'hi'- which happened several weeks ago. He can also say 'dada' and 'cat' pretty clearly. He somewhat says 'mumu' (his version of mama) and 'duck' (more of an 'uck'). He also loves to point at things and make a sound. Granted, his sound usually makes no sense whatsoever, but he's trying! His teachers think that he points and says 'look', but I don't think he's saying that. He has also gotten very good at waving 'hi' and sometimes 'bye'.

David also had an evalutation at school. Every 3 months or so he gets one. I have to put a disclaimer here, I am about to brag. I usually get annoyed at bragging parents, but here it goes anyways. When Zach and David's teacher had his 'parent teacher' conference, the teacher told Zach that she thought David was the smartest baby in the class because he could follow simple commands (such as, come over here, roll the ball, hand me the toy). I didn't even realize that was advanced! Here is what David's report card said:

Accomplishments:
1. Developed some fine motor and self help skills. David grasps and manipulated objects and plays peek-a-boo with blanket and bibb.
2. David goes to the shelves and rolls the cars to make noise. He likes to make noise. He likes to sit at the table while the older infants are eating.
3. David plays peek-a-boo with care givers and hide and seek with his peers in the tunnels. He's gained an understanding of basic concepts and relationships.
4. David follows simple intructions (roll the ball)

Future Goals: (things he needs to work on)
1. Coordinate eye and hand movement. Learn to stack blocks without help.
2. Learn to eat chunky foods, and regular foods. Learn to feed himself.
3. Gain an understanding of knowing objects don't disappear when hidden.

So, David's 1 year is now rappidly approaching. I know I'm going to buy him some books from amazon.com because he is seriously lacking in the book department. I looked online and there are several for only 0.01 but they have a 3.99 shipping fee. I guess $4 for a book isn't too bad (used of course). I want to write more but I'm getting a call for work... I'll post then add on later.

No comments: