




Zach is a triathlete! Last weekend (I know a week late in my post), Zach completed his first triathlon, and it did very well! It was at Lake Lanier up in North GA- we spent the weekend with my parents in Gwinnett. We got there at 5:30 AM- to a massive 900 people doing the race. First he swam- I don't know how much, but around the yellow bowies in the picture, then biked-12 miles, then ran- 3.1 miles. He did awesome and I am so very proud of him. He'll have to post the details of it on here since I don't know all of the results.
Last weekend, we also took David to his first GA Tech game. It was a 12 pm game, and I think we won't be taking him to another one until next year. He was tired, it was sunny and SO hot and he refused to wear his sunhat, he didn't want to sit still, etc.. Maybe next year will be better!
It has taken me forever to post these pics because my computer (work) is messed up. It spent two whole days this week in the IT department and got reformated (while I traveled). However, it still has corrupt VPN files and it beeps when you turn it on, and won't let you access 'my computer' to download pics. Occasionally it will, and that is why I've tried to post several times but have been unsuccesful.
Following the good weekend last weekend, I've had one of the worst weeks of my life. I had THREE debilitating migraines this week. I won't go into detail, but they are aweful. I've got to go to the doctor to see if I can get on preventative medicine. In fact, one of the reasons why I am not at church right now is that I'm afraid the lights there will give me another one. I can't live my life like this!
Ok, another tid-bit on Walmart. We are pretty broke this month because of some unexpected expenses and some extra- our lawnmower broke, my extremely expensive migraine medicine that isn't covered at all by insurance, the triathlon and visit to atlanta, etc.. So, I wanted to get pictures of David for his 1 year before it was too late so I scheduled at Wal-mart where they have a picture package for 4.99 (although its just one pose). We went yesterday AM and I will NEVER get pictures there again. They were awful. First of all, they had this 4' high platform that he had to stay on to take the picture (not the floor). It was so dangerous leaving him sitting or laying on it because he get trying to get down. On numerous occasions he almost plunged right off. Then, the lady wouldn't take a picture until he was exactly posed correctly, and with a 1 year old that's impossible. She missed a lot of cute pictures because 'he didn't have his feet crossed'. It was terrible. I did, however, get a purse at walmart for $5. It's not the latest and greatest but it works.


3 comments:
Tell Zach congrats for me! And I'm so sorry about the migraines...I know how horrible they can be!
Ohh--David's first game! You look so good! Tell Zach congrats on the triathlon...
Have your migranes improved at all? That is miserable!
so sorry about the migraines, Amy. That's awful!! And good to know about Wal-Mart. I have wondered about places like that. Do you know anything about Target? We have a photographer we are waiting on, but she is on bed rest, so I am not sure when that will happen. I am looking for an alternative in the mean time.
Post a Comment