We are having 2 main issues with David's sleep- or lack of sleep. One of the problems just started this week and the other has been happening since he was born.
Issue #1:
We used to be able to lay awake David in the bed and he would fall asleep no problems. Now, we lay him down and he starts crying. Even if he is ALREADY asleep he wakes up and starts crying. This started a week ago. We have been letting hiim cry it out for 10 minutes then we go in- rock him- lay him down and keep our hand on his chest, while he is in the bed, until he is asleep. If we don't keep our hand on his chest until he is totally out he starts crying. Well, we figure we cannot do this every night, so tonight we let him cry past 10 minutes. Well, at about 13 minutes we heard him puke, and sure enough he had puked everywhere. We are at a loss as of how to fix this problem! Any ideas would be appreciated!
Issue #2:
About 3-4 times a night David wakes up crying and we have to re-insert the pacifier and then he goes right back to bed. This has been happening ever since he was born. At one point, we had about 5 nights in a row of sleeping through the night (about 3 weeks ago) but that was abnormal. He does have his occasional nights where he sleeps through the night- but they are few and far between.
We are so sleep frustrated right now! (Especially with issue #1 - we are used to issue #2 at this point)
5 comments:
I have absolutely no advice, but I do empathize!! Ada used to sleep through the night, until Christmas, and then everything changed. Now we never know what a night might hold. If you learn about anything that really works, let me know.
I don't have any wisdom with this, but maybe ask someone with multiple kids? I think babies sometimes need security/affirmation knowing that we are there, I put my hand on Bryce's head but now he won't go to sleep without it...
Different topic, but this Friday would work for me too...You and David could stay the night if it is too much traveling? Or I could meet you 1/2 way?
I am reading this FABULOUS book called Babywise- it is all about puuting your baby on a feeding schedule determined by the clock as well as your flexibility and his hunger. This will determine his sleep patterns, becasue if a baby is not aon a proper feeding schedule, he is insecure and will not sleep throught the night. you have to read it. It is incredibly enlightning. I think David has severe separation anxiety due to random feeding times. Just call me the expert sice i have a baby and all. HEHE.
He doesn't have random feeding times, though. He eats every 3 hours, +/- 20 mins based on need. We also try to maintain a eat/activity/sleep schedule based on a book I read called 'The baby whisperer'. I've never read baby wise, but I have heard good things about it.
When are you coming to visit?!?
Post a Comment