Monday, March 10, 2008

About Zach

Zach has some new things going on right now! I figured I would post about them since he never posts! He just finished up a soccer league that he was participating in. His team was called 'Royal' and they had blue jersies. He had a lot of fun with it. I'm sure he'll do it again next year.

Last week, Zach started teaching a Kaplain SAT course to earn some extra bucks. The class he is teaching is located in Macon and it will only last for about 2 months. He goes on Saturdays from 8-1 and Wednesdays from 6-8:30. He used to teach these classes in college and really enjoyed it. He isn't so much enjoying it this go around because its just more work hours on top of regular work. I think he might decide to make this his last teaching stint at Kaplain- we'll see.

Zach and I have found a new hobby that we like doing- working on our cars! Zach had never really done this growing up, but he has become increasingly interested in it ever since my dad helped him replace the brakes on our car. He is actually very talented at it. I never would have thought that I would like it, but the other weekend Zach got me to help replace the spark plugs and I really enjoyed it. (I did wear gloves so my hands wouldn't get dirty). The reason we have been working on our car is becuase we sold our 2002 Toyota Corolla and bought a 2000 Honda CR-V. I know it seems weird that we sold our car and bought and older car, but we really needed something bigger and didn't want to spend money. Anyhow, our new CR-V needs some work. It has a mysterious 'Check Engine' light on, and we have been trying to diagnose the problem. We have an OBD sensor to read the car codes. Origanally, the engine was misfiring and we fixed that with the spark plugs. I think that the o2 sensor needs to be replace now (we got code P0420 for anyone with car knowledge). Zach checked the compression to check for burnt valves and the compression was ok. That was good news because that would have been an expensive fix. Anyhow, I won't go into more car details.

My favorite quote from Zach this week 'I used to not be interested in babies at all, now I love all of them. I want to look at them and hold them'. Isn't that cute?

No comments: