
In the past 2 years in addition to being an engineer I guess you can say I've also been sort of in car sales as a business, hah. No really, we've sold 3 cars and made a profit on each one of them (not large ones, but still every little bit helps). My trick is simple, we buy low and sell normal. HOWEVER, starting in 2010 we will no longer be able to do this! In GA you don't have to pay taxes on private party (person to person not dealership) car sales, but in 2010 you will have to. This will put the private party car business out of business. So, as the year comes to an end we have to sell Big Gold, my beloved van, and buy a permanent car that we will keep for hopefully years to come. Sure, I'd LOVE to keep big gold, but let's face it, we can't afford to keep her! I'm hoping to make a decent profit on her (we bought it for a good deal)- unfortunately we havn't had it for that very long, only 5 months or so which looks fishy to buyers. I'd like to hold a year before we sold, but we can't do that because of the tax law changes. So, we have someone looking at Big Gold this weekend. I'm hoping to find another van for under $8k total price to buy but we're not going to do that until we sell Big Gold.
2 comments:
Wow, that is a nice van!! I can't believe you are getting rid of her! Why don't you sell the Honda instead?
I love that you are driving a van. That will be out next car purchase (but hope to make the SUV last as long as possible b/c we will pay it off this year).
Post a Comment