Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Surgery Scheduled

David's ear tube surgery is scheduled for April 10th. It's on a Friday. He has a pre-op appointment the day before at 12 pm, and I don't know what time his surgery is on Friday. He will only have to miss one day of 'school' as he will be able to return on Monday (he would actually be able to go back the very next day but I scheduled his surgery on a Friday just incase he was feeling gloomy). Dissapointingly, we've heard from the insurance it is going to cost us $550 out of pocket for the surgery. Ouch. I was a bit surprised, as our insurance is typically very good. They also will not cover the ear plugs afterwards. I guess I can't complain. I am very thankful to have insurance, and the premiums we pay are very afordable compared to what some others have to pay.

Tonight I pulled out all the short sleeve summer clothes for David that I bought last year on clearance. Man has it been hot here. I kid you not, one weekend we have snow flurries and the next weekend we have our AC on. We literally had no time in between heat and AC. It's in the mid 80's now for those non local readers. David hates the heat! He also sweats a lot! Every time I get him out of his car seat he is just soaked in sweat and thats with the AC on full blast, its crazy. They are applying sunscreen like crazy to him at daycare because he got burnt the other day and they felt very bad. They had put it on him, but he really needs it every 30 minutes in order not to burn. I gave them a hat for him to wear, but he refuses to keep it on. Maybe one day...

No comments: