Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Golden Age

I really like David's current age- 15 months. If I could just freeze him here, no, I'm just kidding! But, really, he is at such a fun age! He plays independently, Z and I can do what we need to and he'll just play around with the toys and walk around with his ball and do whatever, it's nice. Also, more and more when I talk to him it seems like he is trying to respond and knows what I'm saying. Maybe I'm crazy, but it does seem like he understands. And, he really doesn't throw that many fits. Sleeping is good now too! His wonderful cheerful disposition and 'funness' right now has made me increasingly sad to leave him all day. It's especially hard being away from him now too because he cries when we are seperated in the morning- he is all to good at saying 'bye bye' to mama every day.

I do realize that this is just a 'good' phase (just like many 'bad' phases we went through several months ago) and I'm sure it will pass and temper tantrums or bad sleep or something will start up at some point. But, for the time being I'm going to enjoy the kisses and hugs, independent playing, listening to no sometimes (not all the time), and general happiness with smiles and giggles.

Now, if only I could get the boy to eat! He is such a picky eater!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

awww!! It is so funny to me how different David and Ada are- David seems so well-behaved compared to what poor Laura Beth is goig through right now- I have a feeling Wyatt is going to be incredibly strong-willed like Ada. David seems to be so go-with-the-flow! Lucky you!