Today I drove my car to Atlanta, waited 1.5 hours to get through security before getting on a train, and then finally took a plane to Omaha. That's where I am right now. Fortunately, I am not traveling alone. Vidushi, a new employee at work, is with me. Thank goodness for another female engineer! I am so happy to have another girl on our team! She recently moved from Canada to marry her husband through an arranged marraige. I like her a lot- she is very friendly and fun. She is Hindu. We have interesting converstations.
So, coming to Omaha, I figured that we would go to a great Steak House, seeing as the company is paying and thats what Omaha is famous for. Well, unfortunately Vidushi can't eat steak, and for that matter she has to eat vegetarian all week (she normally eats chicken and fish but it is her new year or something like that). I don't want to be rude so I'm going to comply and try to go to veggie friendly places.
Funny enough, we are staying at Harrah's - a popular casino. Vidushi is exicited about gambling- unfortunately for her, she will be playing solo because I don't gamble. The class we are taking is being taught in one of the convention rooms.
We start off tonight with a reception at 6pm. To be honest, I'm dreading this course, because at work my least interesting thing is meters and regulators which we are going to learn anything and everything about. The thing that I am most excited about this week is the free food all week. Apparently the casino has all you can eat buffets that are pretty good. (hopefully they will be veggie-friendly).
I already miss little David even though I totally trust Zach taking care of him. He couldn't be in better hands. This is going to be a hard week!
1 comment:
Omaha...that is so random! I'm so glad you have a female co-worker too, when I was at GE I traveled to Chicago and Bentonville with a female boss. How did you get the cool background on your site?
Post a Comment