Lily had her 1 month appointment. She weighed 9lb0oz and was 22in long. At 2 weeks she was 7lb2oz. So, a good weight gain. She is doing well! She has a little umbilical hernia, but the doctor said it would probably go away on its own and if not they wouldn't operate until 2yrs old.
Her nights are getting better- finally! We seemed to have figured out a way to get her to fall asleep. She still wakes up every 3 hours at night to eat, which is actually good because during the day she feeds every 2 hours (always 1 hour each time). I can't say so many good things about her day. She still cries A LOT. She even screamed her whole entire doctor appointment.
David did swim lessons this week and he did SO well! He can now swim to the edge on his own and swim to the steps. He couldn't do any of that before the lessons. We did private lessons and it was expensive but definitely worth it (especially with all the water here in FL). It was nice that it was also at a house in our neighborhood so I could make it there and back in time to feed Lily. My mobility is very limited by Lily's feeding schedule. I know breastfeeding is so healthy and cheap, but wow is it inconvenient! I know other people who can go places and feed their little ones, but I don't know how. Maybe it's because she eats for an hour? I don't know. Any tips appreciated. It's also hard to be any where at a specific time because since she is eating 50% of the day, I'm likely to be in the middle of feeding her when its time to go!
2 comments:
i didn't breastfeed in public with b but did with kinsey. a lot of malls/department stores have rooms you can go into. Maybe bring books for david or if he has a portable video game (Bryce doesn't but just an idea) Even dressing rooms work.
Do you have a nursing cover?
You'll probably get more comfortable if you try it a few times. Maybe take her out on the weekends and try it without david first.
oh and also, her belly will mature and she will go longer between feedings! just go easy on yourself, this is a hard stage!
Post a Comment