We took David to the after hours doctor today because he had a red bumpy rash all over his chest and stomach. Turns out it was just heat rash and the doctor prescribed 'keep him cool' haha. We are actually trying to get outdoors as much as possible before we start our deep summer 100+ weather hibernation indoors.
Recently David has really been giving us a hard time! Everything is 'By Myself'. If he does not get to do it by himself, or even in exactly the way he wants to then he throws a huge temper tantrum. Now I know why they call it the terrible 2's. For example, the other day he went pee in the little toilet and ran off to play, and I dumped and flushed the pee. He heard and freaked out because he wanted to do it, he even tried to pee again so he could dump it, then when he couldnt he threw a huge TT. He even wants to do random things like take his shirt down from the hanger. I'm trying to use this newfound independence for the good and get him to do things like clean and put his dirty clothes in the hamper.
He's also driving us crazy with this 'line leader' thing. I guess he learned it at preschool. He constantly proclaims 'I'm the line leader' and then throws out his arms and legs and won't let us through the door unless we follow him or he has to be in front of us. We try not to give in all the time because we don't want to create a monster!
1 comment:
the line leader thing sounds hilarious!
tantrums are no fun...bryce is in the "Mine" stage. I know what you mean about the do it myself thing though...
Post a Comment