Saturday, October 31, 2009

David is Eating

David has started eating and I am loving it. For months, even as long as David started eating solid foods he has been SO picky and wouldn't eat. He even lost a pound from his 18month to 2 year appointment. There have been days literally where all he ate was milk and maybe 1 cracker- I'm not exagerating. And, well, David has started eating recently. Not a ton, but it's a definite difference. Though we haven't weighed him I know he has gained because he looks chunkier. I think part of the eating more is that his new daycare arrangement is better in that he has more time to eat. At his old day care they only had a short period of time and then they moved on from eating and if you didn't eat in that time frime oh well. The new lady that is watching him is so very good about getting him to eat- she too has a picky eater. That, and he just wants to eat more.

His current arrangement is he goes to church preschool 5 days a week then stays with the stay at home mom the rest of the day. She has 2 girls- 3 and 1. She is from Brasil (her husband is American) and its working out really well with her. She feeds them a lot of fruits and healthy foods and though he has regressed in that she actually feeds them instead of them eating themselves, I don't care. She sits them all in highchairs in an assembly line in the kitchen and does 'airplane' practically for every bite. She is very creative with food. The other day David asked me for a sandwich. I was shocked. He doesn't like those. Come to find out, Rose, the lady that watches him has been making PB&J sandwiches and cutting them into funky shapes with cookie cutters and decorating them with cereal with smile faces and such. If only I had thought to do that David would eat a sandwich, hah!

1 comment:

Fainfamilyupdates said...

thats great! sounds like a lot of work but I'm glad he's eating : ) Bryce is way picky too..I'm hoping his % has gone up this time!