Thursday, October 22, 2009
Bought a Van
We got a Van! The stats: 2005 Dodge Caravan base model, 57,000 miles, $5,500, private party sale. Private party in GA means no tax or any other fees. This was a deal. I had been watching craigslist like a hawk and jumped on this one when I saw it. True, its not the Toyota that I really wanted, but I am happy with it! Now, granted, the van is FILTHY. They didn't bother cleaning it at all. It needs new tires, an oil change, desperately needs to be cleaned, carpets need shampooing, there are ants- maybe some ant traps?, there is only 1 key, BUT all the major mechanical issues are GOOD. The hardest thing I think will be to get the smoke smell out- it was a smoker's car. I can't believe I bought a smoker's car, hah!, I hate smoke! But, I love a deal! We are going to give it some TLC and clean it up. Now are cars consist of this and the trusty 2008 Honda Fit (thanks to AGL- granted I did have to drive all over timbuktu to rack up enough miles to get it).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You seriously crack me up. You and your deals... you are always on the hunt! I didn't know the Honda Fit was paid for! Thats awesome!
Post a Comment