Tuesday, February 19, 2008

V-Day, Presidents Day, and My B-day



So, I have a lot to update in this post! I'll start with David's crazy Valentines Day! I worked in Atlanta on V-day and got home around 6:30. I was expecting Zach and David, my loves, to be home already but they were not. I got a call from Zach explaining to me that there was a 'suspicious' package in the building right next to David's daycare. Consequently, all the babies and kids were evacuated from the day care building and led somewhere else. Unfortunetly, in the rush to get the kids to a safe spot, infant seats were left in the day care building. All the older kids could be picked up because their car seats stay in the car, but all the babies were just stuck. In addition, they didn't bring any bottles and all the babies were getting hungry. The day care building had been put under quanteen or somethiing so no one could go in. So, Zach and David and the workers and other babies were just stuck on the base. Because David was crying for food, I headed to the store to get some formula to bring him. Fortunately, at some point someone allowed the head of the day care to go in and get the car seats, and aroung 7pm or so David and Zach started heading home. Later, it was found that the suspicious package in the builing next door was in fact a bomb, and it was detanated in a secure zone. Very scary!

As for the celebration of V-day, we decided to stay home and cook and watch a movie. Zach of course got me a package of chocolate- I love V-day chocolates! We still don't know anyone in our area that can babysit for us, so going out was sort of not an option. We still had a wonderful night.

This past weekend was so wonderful. For my birthday celebration, Zach and I went to Atlanta and dropped David off at his Mimi's house. Saturday and Sunday night we spent the night in Atlanta and had a really good time just spending time together. It was wonderful. We came back Monday (Zach had the day off and I took a vacation day).

Today, we are back at work and Zach met me for lunch at Firehouse Subs. We both took long lunch breaks because it is my actually birthday today.

I've spent a lot of the day catching up on work, but I have also spent a good portion of the day reading about Chinese Adoption stories at http://www.myadoptionwebsite.com/chinaadoptionstories.htm . These stories are just so wonderful and they warm my heart. I hope one day we will be blessed with the ability to adopt a little girl from China.

On another note, David is sick again. He had a cold the past week and he started running a fairly high fever (102.5) on Friday. So on Saturday before we left for Atlanta, we stopped by the doctors. He got put on his very first antibiotic. He does not like it even though I think it smells quite delicious (like pineapples). We still went ahead and had our weekend get-a-way and let my parents watch sick David. It seems like he is a lot better now than he was on Friday. A few days on that antibiotic have done wonders. He has his 6-month check up on Friday and we think he will be well enough to get his shots. Poor little guy. We love him so much.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Your baby is so cute I can't even stand it- where did you find that outfit?!? I have to get one for my little one next year!!

LB said...

crazy story, wow. Happy Birthday. I am glad that you got to get away for a little while. Scott and I have plans for our first night away for our anniversary in April. Yea.

Fainfamilyupdates said...

I can't believe there was a bomb! We're hoping to get away for a few nights next Christmas when we are down and family can watch Bryce. He sleeps with his arms out mostly, that is funny that David does too! I wonder when they outgrow it?