Saturday, February 23, 2008

6 Month Checkup



David had his six month check up on Friday. He actually did very well with the shots (he only cried a little). He got a clean bill of health except for some thrush in his mouth, so we got a prescription to help with that. He is still on his antibiotic so now he is taking that and the thrush medicine. I feel like we keep giving him more and more drugs! I feel bad, but I know they are making him healthier. David was in the 50% for weight, between the 50%-75% for height, and in the 90% for head circumfrance. I always thought his head looked quite large! We think his big head is adorable.

As far as development, he is doing well with sitting. He has been doing the triangle sit for quite a while (sitting with his arms down), and he just in the past couple of days starting sitting with no hands. He can do it for about 30 seconds and then he topples over when he decides to reach for a toy or move. I'm sure his balance will improve with time! He has started making sounds including, 'gir' 'ba' 'm' and 'd'. They are, however, few and far between and we are really waiting to hear a long sequence of 'da da da' or 'ba ba ba'. He has large belly laughs quite frequently and we really enjoy that!

On another note, I woke up this morning with pink eye. I think I caught it from the pediatrician's office. I went to a med-stop and got some medicine for my eye so hopefully it will go away soon! It's weird- they gave me an ointment instead of a drop- very hard to use! I know it is crazy contagious so I'm trying my hardest not to touch my eyes and I'm washing my hands about once every ten minutes.

Today, my friends from Atlanta from Tech came to visit and we went to lunch at a mexican restuarant. It was great fun seeing some friends! I'm so happy they visited. I really enjoyed it a lot. Anyone reading, please feel free to visit! We get lonely out here in WR!

1 comment:

JonathanandMelinda said...

Such a cute kid. Can't wait to meet him someday sooner than later. By the way, for us yet-to-be-parents, what is "Thrush"?