We had a great Christmas! David was actually a lot of fun! He 'opened' presents. (he held on to the wrapping paper as I turned the package- it was funny). My parents and siblings came to visit us for the day. Zach and I cooked sweet potatoes, corn, and broccoli, and my parents brought a honey baked ham and a few other sides. Unfortunately I exceeded my weekly allotment of weight watcher points. I don't feel too bad about it because Christmas only comes once a year and I was planning on eating peanut butter balls and fudge (which I did).
I wish I was out today shopping the holiday sales, but instead I'm at work. I'm excited about this weekend- we are getting together with Zach's family at red top mountain state park in North Georgia. It should be a good time! Though, I feel like there just isn't enough time in the day. We have a lot to do in terms of wrapping presents, packing, etc. I also need to buy a white shirt for pictures. I tried to buy one at Kohls last weekend but they didn't have one. We haven't had a chance to go shopping since then. It's crazy how little time we have to go places. On week nights we can't go out because our time is spent feeding, bathing, and putting David to sleep plus cooking and cleaning up dinner. By the time all of that is done, it's time to go to bed! On the weekends we clean the house, do laundry, go to church, go grocery shopping and stuff like that. Last weekend we fit in some Christmas shopping and the weekend before we were out of town. On another note, we hadn't gotten around to buying a Christmas tree and we went to Lowes on Christmas Eve to get one and they didn't have any. Isn't that crazy?!? Where are the procrastinators supposed to get their trees?? I guess next year we will have to do that one earlier. At least we have our very pretty Christmas wreath on the front door (Zach's mom made it- she makes wonderful crafts).
My office is pretty empty today. If I were the CEO I would give my employees the whole week of Christmas as vacation. That's probably one reason why I will never be a CEO! It just doesn't make sense for office staff to work during Christmas week (especially Christmas Eve). Ok, I'll stop complaining about that. I know most companies do have to work this week. The only ones that get off are construction companies and government employees and then indivuduals who use vacation days. Next year I get 3 weeks- 15 days- of vacation days! I'm moving up in the working world! I'm super pumped about that. I'll get to visit Rachel in 'Bama when she has her baby! Yeah! Mark and Rachel are due in July. Rachel wants it to be a girl- she finds out in February. She's about a month ahead of where I was last year. It's so much fun having a friend that is going to have a baby. Pregnancy and child birth are truly amazing. One of God's wonderful gifts. I see pregnant people and it's just hard to comprehend that there is a little baby in that person's stomach. It's crazy. Thankfully for Rachel, unlike myself, she is not sick at all! I'm so happy for her. Even though it was totally worth it, those 9 months I was pregnant were the most miserable (physically) of my entire life. My mom knows what I am talking about! (and she did it 3 times!).
I think I'm going to try to get some work done today. It's so quiet in my office I can't concentrate! I am most productive with a little background noise. My boss has banned ear phones while working. Little does he realize if I were allowed to listen to music as background noise I would be SO much more productive. I don't think he realizes people have different working and learning styles. Oh well!
No comments:
Post a Comment