Yes people, occasionally I will grace the aisles of a goodwill. I must say, the goodwills in afluent areas have much better selection than those in, well not well off, areas and Warner Robins falls into the latter category. I went in search of birthday toys. I have to say, I was surprised at the amount of broken toys and toys with missing pieces. Despite that, I picked up a few good things and also 3 shirts for only 2.50 each. As a side note, their furniture is WAY overpriced! They had this dinky kids dresser, broken and written all over for $70, what? And, furniture straight out of the 70's for more than Ikea prices. To that, I have to say, Get with it Goodwill!
I got a big yellow dump truck for 2.02, a smaller green regular truck for 4.04 (why more? who knows.), and even though I was certainly not in the market for it but I wasn't going to leave the store without a temper tantrum if we didn't get it and I was too tired to deal with that after work, a ride on toy for 6.06. I was hoping to find a bubble mower and toy cash register, but had no luck. With the B-day quickly approaching we ended up going to Toys-r-us and paying full price for those and I also got some new puzzles. I was also looking for the book 'Cordory' at goodwill. Zach said he liked it as a kid and it's 16.99 full price (robbery for a little book!)- I had no luck finding that either but I think I might be able to get it on amazon cheaper.
I think if I'm ever driving through Alpharetta or Buckhead I might stop at the goodwill.
1 comment:
I love it too...our loc's furniture is priced much cheaper though. I looked there before we decided to buy Bryce's dresser from Ikea. Our location doesn't have toys though!
Post a Comment