Wednesday, June 10, 2009

It's June



It's June. It's HOT outside. I spend most of my time, most of my days holed up in a cube with three other people. Not much to update with the little man other than his vocabulary is growing rapidly. We continue to be less than stellar parents and only read to him once in a blue moon (any advice on how to get into a regular reading schedule? even just a book a day?)

Ok, so here are some random things I've learned surfing the net while at work. Adjusted for inflation, for any given job the American worker makes 40% less today than they did in 1972. So an engineer 35 or so years ago made 40% more than one does today, this would be true with any job. (you can tell this is true based on society, it used to be most every mom stayed at home and the dad worked, now wit most families both parents need to work to get by) Ok, also, if the US government taxed every american 100% of their paycheck we still couldn't pay off the deficit (I had to wonder, but for how long? Like at some point it would get paid off). Maybe we should immigrate to Switzerland!

On another note, Zach's childhood friend Josiah came to visit last weekend. It was a good time.

2 comments:

Fainfamilyupdates said...

How about reading a book or two at bedtime? Bryce pulls out the ones he wants to read and follows us around til we sit down...

LB said...

I was going to say the same thing--we always read at bedtime. Ada doesn't always sit still the whole time, but she still hears the words. I also think reading the same ones over and over is helpful, because she develops a love for certain books, which then turns into a love for reading.