Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Exersaucer

We purchased an exersaucer off of craigslist for $30. I was a bit hesitant because this is a lot of money to spend on something that isn't totally necessary, but we took the plunge. David loves it. It has taken the place of his bouncy chair. He sits and plays in it when we eat dinner, do laundry, and clean up. Sometimes when we are holding him and he is fussy we put him in it and he gets happy. His exersaucer has a castle theme. There are several toys on it, though the one that makes lights and noise doesn't work anymore. He loves trying to pull all of the toys and stick them in his mouth. The cats are naturally curious at this new toy, and when they walk by David grabs them. Surprisingly, they don't run away. They are so deprived of attention these days that they enjoy grabbing from a baby. I'll post a picture but I'm at work right now and don't have my camera.

David has gotten over his RSV illness and is back to eating! He was actually better last week. Though, a couple days this week he has been running a slight fever and has a rash all over his body (but mostly on his stomach). Because his fever has been low, we have not taken him to the doctor. He is still eating plenty and we figure he might just be fighing off a bug.

I'll tell you about one funny story this weekend. We usually go to the contemporary service at church than sunday school. Well, we decided to do Sunday School first and then church because the SS class we had been going to was mostly older couples and we wanted to see if the other class had some people more our age. Well, the new class was small- about 4 couples plus us. (and they were on average younger). Well, I'm talking to this one girl and I hear Zach out of the corner of my ear telling these other couples 'Yeah we had our baby 81/2 months after we were married- we didn't wait long!" I was thinking why is he saying this? We got pregnant after we got married! (We got married Nov. 4th and David was born Aug. 17 - his due date was actually the 22nd but I got induced early). That isn't even true! So, I'm all embarrased in front of all these people. Later, I ask him about it- (I wasn't close enough to him to correct him at the time) and he says 'Oh, I was thinking pregnancy was 8 months'. Sheesh! How embarrasing!

No comments: