It's been a crazy couple of weeks. Amy slipped a disk in her back while packing for our move to the new house. She's been unable to bend and lift anything (even as small as a purse) ever since and has found this VERY frustrating. She's been staying at home with her Mom so that she can get taken to the places she needs to go and have someone help her.
This Thursday we closed on the new house, and on Friday morning the movers came to pack up the apartment. They loaded the truck Monday and were supposed to deliver the stuff on Tuesday, but when Amy called to ask what time they'd be arriving they told us - for the first time! - that they were short some drivers and would not be delivering all of our earthly possessions until the next Monday. Needless to say we found this a highly inconvenient arrangement. Amy was able to convince them that her labor was imminent and that she needed her baby stuff which was on the truck, so they bumped the date up to Wednesday (tommorrow) - we're hoping they follow through on this!
In the meantime Amy, Mrs. Sceviour, Lindsey, and Lindsey's friend had a busy day at the new house with Lindsey and friend painting a first coat in the nursery and Amy and Mom taking delivery of Washer/Dryer and Refrigerator, being measured for blinds, having internet set-up, and having repairmen in the house repairing some new-home bugs.
That may have been long, but we assure you, it's the SHORT version!
2 comments:
Congratulations on the new house! I am proud of Amy for whipping those movers into shape! Hope your back gets feeling better, Amy.
I'm sorry your back got hurt Amy! I thought about that when I was moving all our stuff, I probably shouldn't have done so much. It is hard to believe you only have 14 more days!!
Post a Comment